Skip to main content

LOVE this....The Dalai Lama - 18 Rules for Living



1.  Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
2.  When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
3.  Follow the three Rs:
     - Respect for self
     - Respect for others
     - Responsibility for all your actions.
4.  Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
5.  Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
6.  Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
7.  When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
8.  Spend some time alone every day.
9.  Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.
10. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
11. Live a good, honourable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll be able to enjoy it a second time.
12. A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
13. In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don’t bring up the past.
14. Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality.
15. Be gentle with the earth.
16. Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.
17. Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
18. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.


Everyday, Love and Gratitude!


Popular posts from this blog

Change.....

It's time for a change.  I've been wanting to switch blog platforms for quite sometime and just wasn't finding the right one but thanks to a dear friend of mine I was turned onto squarespace. It's taken a minute or two to figure out this new platform but I'm loving it. I've imported all the old content from this blog and am ready to roll. In short, I've moved to a new neighborhood!!! Woot!  I'm humbled that even one person reads my ramblings but when my numbers started hitting the 1000's on a monthly basis I was blown away. For those of you who read this with love, THANK YOU and for those who don't THANK YOU as well. My gratitude runs deep for all of you...... Hope to see you here: www.linda-rokos-watts.squarespace.com

Just say no to mud season.....

It just won't stop!!  We were kinda hoping it would just long enough for Troy to get out of Summit County and on the west side of GlenWood Springs before another big storm came in.  Nope. Didn't happen. It's mud season and nothing unusually or unexpected and I'm sure we will get one or two more storms but.....BOOOOOO!!! Our backyard is pretty beautiful right now!  Bike all packed and ready to go!  We had a few great dinner parties this weekend and I can't say that I'm too bummed Troy isn't on the road. Sunday's snuggled up together watching movies while it dumps outside isn't so awful! Hope you'll are having a fabulous weekend!  Love and Gratitude! 

Weekend Madness!!

WHEW!!!! What a weekend! We got so much work done on the house! We started on Friday and worked pretty much straight through till tonight. With the exception of one little break for a small Halloween party for a few hours. The old kitchen counters. Ewww ! All the tile on the counters couldn't be pulled off without pulling all the plywood up so we decided to demolish it all and start fresh. We put down all new sub-flooring before the tile was to go down. It was kinda a pain in the butt but it made the tile laying much easier and level. With all the sub-flooring laid on Saturday, it was finally time to lay the tile today! Tuesday the grout gets put in and by Thursday we should be walking on it. Woot ! This weekend I also got Stella's room finally done. The colors look great. It's going to be a very warm and cozy room. Pictures of that soon! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend, and a fun Halloween! Much Love!